Needed a sign for our home daycare to put out front that looked a little more permanent. We had a plastic printed version on a set of plastic stilts but it was kind of cheesy looking and I think it looked too much like a realtor sign, so over the Aug long weekend I put one together.
Here’s the final product planted out front.
It was a simple build. Made use of some 1″x10″ pine boards. Used the router to cut 1/4″ channels along the side rails. These fit the sign as well as the tenons on the ends of the cross rails.
Here are all the bits after staining. I used Minwax 233 “English Chestnut” for the stain, and followed that up with three coats of Helmsman Spar Varnish.
The varnish really shined up well, here’s hoping it does well against our Canadian weather.